½ Day Safe Administration of Medication Course
£30 per person + VAT
A short 3 hour course focusing on the essential safety aspects of handling and administering medication.
The safe administration of medication course covers the following:
- Defining medication
- Legislation and guidance in relation to medication management
- Roles and responsibilities of the care worker
- Types of medication
- Controlled drugs
- Understanding contraindications
- Obtaining medication
- Consent and covert administration of medicines
- 3 ways to support medication administration
- The 10 rights of medication administration
- Record keeping
- Safe disposal of medicines
- Management of errors and omissions
Certification lasts for 2 years.
Mandy is also a qualified adult education teacher, vocational assessor and a published author on the subject of patient safety, and acts as a patient handling accident investigator.