½ Day Infection Control Course
This short course provides delegates with the essential information required for preventing and controlling the spread of infections.
Delegates will work through and discuss:
- Related legislation and good practice policies
- Roles and responsibilities
- The various types of infections
- The potential impact of infections for individuals and within the community
- How infections are transmitted and spread (the chain of infection)
- Hazards and risk factors
- Risk control measures and the use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Personal hygiene
- Correct hand washing procedures (practical activity)
- Disposal of infected materials
- Reporting and recording
Certification last for 2 years
Mandy is also a qualified adult education teacher, vocational assessor and a published author on the subject of patient safety, and acts as a patient handling accident investigator.