½ Day Health & Safety Course
This is a short generic health and safety course ideal for staff working in any care environment.
I provides sufficient information to help prevent accidents in the workplace and to promote personal safety.
Delegates will gain an awareness of:
- Health & Safety legislation and how this supports safe practice in line with the IOM Regulation of care Act (2013) and the National Minimum Standards for Care.
- Statistics related to health and safety in the workplace
- Roles and responsibilities; employers and employees
- Do accidents at work really happen?
- Identifying hazards and risks (practical activity)
- Practical tips to reduce accidents and ill health
- Handling and disposing of clinical waste
- Reporting and recording
Certification last for 2 years
Mandy is also a qualified adult education teacher, vocational assessor and a published author on the subject of patient safety, and acts as a patient handling accident investigator.