½ Day Dementia Awareness Course
This half day course provides delegates with an insight into what it means for someone to have dementia and how this may affect both them and the people around them.
During the session delegates will gain an understanding of:
- Different types of dementia
- The physiological changes which take place when someone has dementia
- The emotional impact having dementia can have on the individual and their family and friends
- Living in the world of someone with dementia
- Basic coping strategies and the value of reminiscence and other therapies
Certification lasts for 2 years
Mandy is also a qualified adult education teacher, vocational assessor and a published author on the subject of patient safety, and acts as a patient handling accident investigator.