Basic Life Support (CPR), and the use of Defibrillators
£20 per person + VAT
A short 2 hour practical course focusing on how to perform effective Basic Life Support (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation: CPR), and how to correctly use a Defibrillator (AED).
Delegates will learn how to:
- Effectively manage the care of an unconscious person
- How to identify when CPR is required
- How to perform CPR
- How to correctly us a Defibrillator
- Place the casualty into the recovery position
- What to do once the casualty is breathing
Certification lasts for 1 year.
Please note: if anyone cannot kneel on the floor to practice Basic Life Support techniques or the recovery position, alternative options are available.
Mandy is also a qualified adult education teacher, vocational assessor and a published author on the subject of patient safety, and acts as a patient handling accident investigator.